From Sheetal D <sheetal_d_2...@yahoo.com>
Subject help on different httpclient versions
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 18:11:55 GMT
Hi all,
         I am using Htp client which is bundled with JBoss. The version
of Http client version is 2.0.  I see new 3.0 version.
  My requirement is
   accessing xml file over http(s) with authenticaion and proxy
authentication.
  Basically Basic and Digest authentication.
  Could I Please  know if there is any problem in using 2.0 version
http client for these.

  I see one exception related to this and some ofher new features and
bug fixes,

   * 31981 - Fixed the bug causing an infinite loop in
HttpMethodDirector
           when using SSL + proxy + host auth + keep alive off
           Contributed by Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk at apache.org>

  Is there any patches for these. Should we have to use httpclient 3.0
for all these?
  If we replace 2.0 version with 3.0 in JBoss, is it compatible? since
we are changing to the higher version of http client.

 basically I guess, If I take the source file and compile with Http
client 3.0. and if this works, there should not be any problem unless some thing is not supported
in that version. In that case, I think we get compile time error.

  Please let me know If I am wrong by any possibilites.

  Thanks,
  Sheetal.