From sANTo <santo.pr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Invalid stream header
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 07:13:10 GMT
Hey Roland

On 6/29/06, Roland Weber <http-async@dubioso.net> wrote:

> Yes, exactly. Implementing the RequestEntity interface is the way to go.
> You'll get an OutputStream, on top of which you can put your
> ObjectOutputStream to write the message body.

Seems this is only possible since v3.0 of HttpClient, while I'm still using
2.0.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
PostMethod and PutMethod are available in v2.0 but I cannot find any other
way than setRequestBody
to post data to the server, meaning I have to use a NameValuePair array,
meaning I cannot send my Hashtable (and other objects)
without first converting it into a ByteArray, which is what I'm doing right
now and is giving the "invalid stream header".

Probably the best thing I can do is upgrade to 3.0, but before I do that I
want to know if it's backwards compatible with 2.0
or will it be very likely I have to modify large parts of my code ?

Thanks again,

Santo