From "John Corro" <John.Co...@cornerstone.net>
Subject Handling bad/malformed cookies
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 20:19:20 GMT
 From the archived emails/online docs I've been reading it appears that poorly formatted cookies
are a common occurrence.  I'm running into that right now where the cookie being sent back
from the server has a path of "/" - resulting in the cookie being rejected as having a malformed
format (or something to that effect).
My question is if there's an established way of handling that.  I've tried all available cookie
policies (browser compatible, etc), but nothing has seemed to work.  I'd really rather not
write my own cookie handling functionality simply to get past this parsing issue since httpclient
already has great built in cookie management.
It seems a number of other people have had similar problems.  If there's no established way
of handling generally malformed cookies, perhaps we can abstract the parsing of cookies into
it's own class so that projects can inject their own specific cookie parsing routines.  Any
thoughts?

John M. Corro
www.cornerstone.net
Cornerstone Consulting, Inc