From Reto Mayer <retoma...@gmx.de>
Subject Interruptible POSTs
Date Fri, 26 May 2006 10:29:37 GMT
Hi everybody,

I am using HTTPClient to POST messages to a web service. The server
processing can potentially take very long and I would like to have the
option of interrupting the call on the client side.

My question is: How can I achieve this with HTTPClient? I am using a
MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager and create a HTTPClient with that
manager which I then use in a separate thread. However,
PostMethod.executeMethod does not seem to be aware of the possibility of
interruptions (i.e. it does not throw a InterrupedException and also
doesn't seem to be aware of thread interruptions).

My question is, how can I (prematurely) stop executeMethod from the
outside? Or am I attacking the problem from the wrong side?

Thanks a lot,

Reto