From Roland Weber <http-as...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: Intermittent SSL handshake failure issue.
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 17:01:34 GMT
Hello Solomon,

>   Just want to clarify this. Currently we are on jdk1.3.1 (WAS5.0.2.10) and we are using

>   HttpClient 3.0 (which is supposed on jdk1.4.x).

HttpClient 3.0 supports JDK 1.2.2 and above. BUT: the JDK does not
provide a connection timeout feature until JDK 1.4. That means in
your case, an extra thread will be spawned that tries to interrupt
the main thread after the connection timeout is expired. That may
or may not work, depending on the JSSE implementation.

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/net/Socket.html#connect(java.net.SocketAddress,%20int)

hope that helps,
  Roland