From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Handling bad/malformed cookies
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 21:23:04 GMT
On Wed, 2006-05-24 at 15:19 -0500, John Corro wrote:
>  From the archived emails/online docs I've been reading it appears that poorly formatted
cookies are a common occurrence.  I'm running into that right now where the cookie being sent
back from the server has a path of "/" - resulting in the cookie being rejected as having
a malformed format (or something to that effect).
> My question is if there's an established way of handling that.  I've tried all available
cookie policies (browser compatible, etc), but nothing has seemed to work.  I'd really rather
not write my own cookie handling functionality simply to get past this parsing issue since
httpclient already has great built in cookie management.
> It seems a number of other people have had similar problems.  If there's no established
way of handling generally malformed cookies, perhaps we can abstract the parsing of cookies
into it's own class so that projects can inject their own specific cookie parsing routines.
 Any thoughts?

John,

Consider extending any of the existing cookie spec implementations and
overriding the CookieSpec#validate method.

Oleg