From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject RE: https proxy authentication error
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 15:35:59 GMT
On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 11:15 -0400, Alan Yu wrote:
> I am using HttpClient in a commercial product. It will be difficult to
> convince my boss that why I have to use a daily build but not using an
> official release.

Well, that's what open-source is all about. Just get the 3.0.1 source
distribution, patch one file, recompile, package and live happily ever
after.

I can cut a semi-official 3.0.1 + 38818 build and sign if with my
private key especially for your boss, if though it was a fully official
HttpClient release, if that helps.

However, what difference does it make at the end of the day, if a
release is built by some Russian guy with a funny Polish name who is
supposedly associated with the Apache Software Foundation or by a
trusted employee of your company? The underlying code is still
open-source and is provided without a warranty of any kind.

Oleg