From "Alan Yu" <ak...@rogers.com>
Subject RE: https proxy authentication error
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 15:15:17 GMT
I am using HttpClient in a commercial product. It will be difficult to
convince my boss that why I have to use a daily build but not using an
official release.

Anyway, I totally appreciate the effort spent by whom contribute to this
project.

Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: Oleg Kalnichevski [mailto:olegk@apache.org]
Sent: May 8, 2006 11:01 AM
To: HttpClient User Discussion
Subject: RE: https proxy authentication error

On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 10:35 -0400, Alan Yu wrote:
> But what is the target date of 3.1?

The 3.1 ALPHA1 is slated for release in June. I do not expect 3.1 FINAL
sooner than Dec 2006.

> Would it be several months away?
> We can't do a 3.0.2 build?

Cutting a release is a tedious and time consuming operation, which usually
takes up to a full working day to do properly. 8 hours worth of work is _a
lot_ for an open-source project. I would very much prefer to have all this
time invested into work toward the 3.1 release.

On the other hand, the fix for 38818 is a trivial one liner patch. It should
not be that difficult to apply.

Oleg