From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject RE: Problem connecting from within Tomcat, but not from plain class
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2006 16:28:09 GMT
Thanks Oleg, I will do but I'm not sure I understand what you mean by
"wire logs"?

ADC.

-----Original Message-----
From: Oleg Kalnichevski [mailto:olegk@apache.org]
Sent: 27 April 2006 17:25
To: HttpClient User Discussion
Subject: Re: Problem connecting from within Tomcat, but not from plain
class

On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 17:05 +0100, Allistair Crossley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to determine why connecting to a URL works when running as

> a standalone class and does not from within Tomcat. I imagine it's a
> permissions issue but some guidance would be appreciated.
>
> I am using NTLM as follows;
>
> HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
> client.getHostConfiguration().setProxy(proxy, port); NTCredentials
> ntCreds = new NTCredentials(user, pass, server, domain);
> client.getState().setProxyCredentials(null, "PROXY", ntCreds);
> HttpMethod method = = new GetMethod(url);
>
> As I say, running in a standalone class I get a 200 response and
> content back from the target URL. As soon as I copy the exact same
> code to a JSP and run within Tomcat, I get a
>
> 407 Proxy Access Denied
>
> Your advice appreciated, ADC.

Allistair,

Produce and compare the wire logs of two sessions (the standalone one
and the one running inside the servlet container). This should help you
pinpoint the difference and determine the cause of the problem.

Hope this helps

Oleg

> <FONT SIZE=1 FACE="VERDANA,ARIAL" COLOR=BLUE>
> QAS Ltd.
> Registered in England: No 2582055
> Registered in Australia: No 082 851 474
> </FONT> <FONT SIZE=1 FACE="VERDANA,ARIAL" COLOR=BLACK>
> Disclaimer:  The information contained within this e-mail is
confidential and may be privileged. This email is intended solely for
the named recipient only; if you are not authorised you must not
disclose, copy, distribute, or retain this message or any part of it. If
you have received this message in error please contact the sender at
once so that we may take the appropriate action and avoid troubling you
further.  Any views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender.  QAS Limited has the right lawfully to record,
monitor and inspect messages between its employees and any third party.
Your messages shall be subject to such lawful supervision as QAS Limited
deems to be necessary in order to protect its information, its interests
and its reputation.

> Whilst all efforts are made to safeguard Inbound and Outbound emails,
QAS Limited cannot guarantee that attachments are virus free or
compatible with your systems and does not accept any liability in
respect of viruses or computer problems experienced.