From Sheetal D <sheetal_d_2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Request
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 10:36:26 GMT
HI all,

  Thanks for all the replies.
                                 I want to pass the InputStream to the other client. As I
see,Once the connection is closed, The stream will be invalidated. I want to have the reference
even after closing the connection. Can I do that.
  The InputStream object returned by the  getResponseAsStream mehod  is AutoCloseInputStream.
  Could anybody tell me how can I keep this alive even after closing the connection.
  One option is to read from getInputStream and create a new byteinputstream and
  pass it on. Again they will read it from the inputStream, I just want to cut one read and
can pass InputStream object directly having the connection closed.

  Thanks,
  Sheetal

Chaitanya Ravi <r.chaitanya@gmail.com> wrote:
  Hi Sheetal,

You can use the below code to read ur response.

httpclientR.executeMethod(postMethod);
InputStream is = postMethod.getResponseBodyAsStream();
BufferedInputStream bis = new BufferedInputStream( is );

String datastr = null;
StringBuffer sb = new StringBuffer();
byte[] bytes = new byte[ 8192 ]; // reading as chunk of 8192
bytes
int count = bis.read( bytes );
while( count != -1 && count <= 8192 )
{