From Roland Weber <ROLWE...@de.ibm.com>
Subject Re: WGet using HttpClient
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2006 05:43:36 GMT
Hello Martin,

>   - downloading a web page

See the tutorial.

>   - downloading all assets on the web page (gif's, jpg's, css, applets,
> etc.)
>   - updating the downloaded web page with links to the local assets

Not in HttpClient. That requires processing of the response content,
which is strictly out of scope for HttpClient (and HttpComponents).
There are other projects out there that deal with downloading and
converting web sites, maybe some of them will satisfy your needs.

> If there is no such code I would be happy to write it and contribute it
> back as an example or into the code base.

Feel free to start a new project, for example at sourceforge. But that
kind of code can not go into the HttpClient codebase, not even as an
example or contrib. It is way out of the project's scope. Once you get
started on parsing HTML pages, you'll soon understand why.

cheers,
  Roland