From "Jeffrey Porter" <PORTE...@WMGMAIL.wmg.warwick.ac.uk>
Subject Complex redirect
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 17:20:29 GMT

I'm hoping someone can help me out here.

Any advice would be great.

I'd like to write some code to get to a web page. Easy? You'd think. :-)

The actions I take in IE are...

1: Go to  www.site1.com <http://www.site1.com/>

2:

This displays a login page.

Login with

User: user1

Password: jones

3:

I then click on a link to...

https://q1.site2.com/redirect.cgi?back=https://web.site3.com/logon.jsp

4:

This will then display the login page for site3.

Login in with

User:  cdx123

Password:  qwerty

In code I can replicate the steps 1 & 2.

And now I'm stuck.

In IE I can't go to Site3 directly, if I do then get sent to the link
above for site2.

In IE I can log into the Site2 link, although I have to enter user1
login twice. But I'll then be displayed the Site3 page I want.

Its all rather complex.

Anyone got any tips on what I should do?

Thanks

Jeff