From "Todd Wells" <todd.we...@theplatform.com>
Subject RE: Disabling log4j output
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2006 20:21:36 GMT
Well, that's just the thing -- I _haven't_ explicitly enabled or
configured logging.  I'm just executing a custom Ant task that happens
to use HttpClient (and no, I haven't explicitly enabled logging in Ant,
either).  And I looked over the link you mentioned before I ever wrote
to this list regarding this issue, it just doesn't have what I'm looking
for.

-----Original Message-----
From: Roland Weber [mailto:http-async@dubioso.net]
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2006 6:25 AM
To: HttpClient User Discussion
Subject: Re: Disabling log4j output

That depends on how you've configured logging in the first place.
Raise the log level to "WARNING", and the INFO messages will be gone.
For details, refer to our logging guide at
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/logging.html
and the documentation of the logging package you are using.

cheers,
  Roland

Todd Wells wrote:

I'm using HttpClient from a custom Ant task, and at one point it spits
out

[coreservice] INFO: I/O exception (java.net.ConnectException) caught
when processing request: Connection refused: connect [coreservice] Mar
29, 2006 3:43:46 PM org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector
executeWithRetry [coreservice] INFO: Retrying request

In this case, the exception is expected (it's the desired result) and I
don't want it in the ant spew.  How can I disable HttpClient from
logging?