From Bindul Bhowmik <bindulbhow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Browser type: Jakarta Commons-HttpClient/3.0 not supported
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 12:42:38 GMT
Hello Jesper,

On 2/7/06, Jesper Sahner <jespersahner@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I am trying to access a website, which doesn't support Jakarta
> Commons-HttpClient. When I access the website I get the following message:
>
> You are currently viewing the site using:
> Browser type: Jakarta Commons-HttpClient/3.0
> Session Cookies enabled: true
> Persistent Cookies enabled: true
> Javascript enabled: true
>
> We have detected that your browser/operating system combination is not one
> that we currently support.
>
> For the best performance Betfair recommends:
> Windows 98, IE 5.5
> Windows 98, IE 6.0
> Windows 2000, IE 5.5
> Windows 2000, IE 6.0
> Windows 2000, Opera 7.54u2
> Windows 2000, Firefox 1.0.1
> Windows XP, IE 6.0sp1
> Windows XP, IE 6.0sp2
> Windows XP, Firefox 1.0.1
> Mac OSX, Camino 0.8
>
> Can I simulate e.g. a IE 6.0-browser?

Try changing the User-Agent header sent in the request method to the one IE
uses. It will be something like:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0).

To change the user agent you will have to set the http.useragent parameter
in the method. For more information see
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/preference-api.html.

Regards,