From Ortwin Glück <...@odi.ch>
Subject [ANNOUNCEMENT][HttpClient] HttpClient 2.x end of life
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 09:49:35 GMT
The HttpClient 2.x codebase is hereby declared "end of life". This means:
  * The HttpClient 2 code base is officially unmaintained (dormant)
  * There will be no more HttpClient 2.x releases
  * The HttpClient 2.0 site will be taken offline as soon as the
    HttpCompontents site is set up.

Community support is of course still available through the mailing lists.

We strongly recommend all our users to move to the current stable
version 3.0: http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/
See
http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/commons-httpclient-20-branch/commons-httpclient-2.0-branch/details.html

for a list of dependent projects.

The project team is now focussing on development of the codebase for
HttpComponents which will eventually produce HttpClient 4.

  - Ortwin Glück