From Roland Weber <http-as...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: How to over come the deprication API problem?
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2006 18:14:23 GMT
Hi Danniel,

> I simply extended "AuthSSLProtocolSocketFactory" from
> "ProtocolSocketFactory" instead of "SecureProtocolSocketFactory" and it
> worked for me...

Well, if your socket factory is supposed to create secure sockets, then
it should be derived from SecureProtocolSocketFactory. Otherwise, though
it may seem to work, there will sooner or later be a problem. More
specifically, your code will break as soon as a proxy comes into play.

Folks, this is just a deprecation warning! Ignore it or put in a cast so
that the appropriate constructor is chosen by the compiler. We left the
stupid method in because we didn't want to break binary compatibility.
It still works, and when it's gone your code will be source compatible
because the correct constructor will match.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-httpclient-dev/200311.mbox/%3C5B208536-13EE-11D8-B28D-00306557E112@u.washington.edu%3E

cheers,
  Roland