From Roland Weber <http-as...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: Problem in downloading a page
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 21:02:21 GMT
Hi Rajapandian,

remove the Accept-Encoding headers from your request. Otherwise,
your application must be prepared to decompress responses. (I'll
remember this next time I write a checklist. :-) That is not
the reason for your problems though, the server does not send
a compressed response.

> *Response headers of request 2 (Post Request)*
> Cache-Control: private
> Response Status : HTTP/1.1 200 OK

That is very suspicious, and extremely hard to debug. There is
no transmission problem: the server simply sends you an empty
response. No error message to work with. I have seen such a
behavior when stressing a local development environment with
frequent changes, but not with a public web server.

Any ideas, anybody?

One last idea: let your application save the document received
with the initial GET request. Use different filenames each time,
for example by including a timestamp in the filename. Compare
a document from a successful attempt with one from a failed
attempt, to see whether there is a difference. For example, the
document in the failed attempt could read "you have to wait
30 seconds before sending your next request". Or there might
be a difference in the form parameters.

cheers,
  Roland