From Christopher L Merrill <ch...@webperformance.com>
Subject Re: Problem posting login information to a website
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 13:45:39 GMT
JYurow@aol.com wrote:
> I checked this and both urlA and urlB are correct.  I got them by  visiting
> the website with my browser, then copying and pasting each of them into  my
> standalone Java application.

As Roland pointed out, you should not get the URL for a POST this way - the
correct URL may never appear in the URL field of the browser.

There are several HTTP analyzers that can get you the information you need.
On IE, you can try plugins from httpwatch.com, ieinspector.com or iewatch.com.
For a standalone tool compatible with other browsers, you can try our free
Analyzer product:
   http://webperformanceinc.com/analyzer/

HTH,