From Roger Menday <r.men...@fz-juelich.de>
Subject Re: inputstream from an unfinished request
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2006 14:45:36 GMT

Hi Mike,

Many thanks for your response

>Your guess is correct.  The response is not available, at least not
>using HttpClient, until the request has been sent.  In general this
>seems like a strange thing to want to do.  Is there a particular use
>case you had in mind?

I want to 'stream' a big payload via HTTP POST to a server, using
chunked encoding, and then receive a big payload back in the response
(again using chunked). I want the client to start processing this
response ASAP, otherwise, I guess, there will be very full buffers
somewhere ...

Does that make sense ?

Roger