From "DEEPAK SHETTY" <shet...@mahindrabt.com>
Subject Virtual Host problems
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2006 10:56:02 GMT

Hi
We have a proxy servlet which proxies requests to downstream servers and
we use HttpClient to implement the proxy. We need to pass the Host and
Port that the user had requested for as the Host header to the
downstream system (which is not aware of the proxy) so
Client -->ProxyServer(http-client)-->DownStream
		192.168.0.254(80)	    --> yadayada:8081
						Host header
wanted(192.168.0.254:80)

Now I can use VirtualHost to specify the Host name , but theres no way
to specify the port
(http://www.mail-archive.com/httpclient-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg01357
.html)
Or to use the example from the thread

IP: 192.168.0.254
virtual-host1: yadayada:8081
virtual-host2: blahblah:8082

In order to get a resource form the virtual-host1 do:
bind to 192.168.0.254:8081
GET /some/stuff HTTP/1.1
Host: yadayada:8081

In order to get a resource from the virtual-host2 do:
bind to 192.168.0.254:8082
GET /some/stuff HTTP/1.1
Host: blahblah:8082

However we need the proxy to listen on 192.168.0.254 port 80 (and not
8081 or 8082)
Are there any workarounds possible?
Regards
deepak

Disclaimer:
The contents of this E-mail (including the contents of the enclosure(s) or attachment(s) if
any) are privileged and confidential material of MBT and should not be disclosed to, used
by or copied in any manner by anyone other than the intended addressee(s).   In case you are
not the desired addressee, you should delete this message and/or re-direct it to the sender.
 The views expressed in this E-mail message (including the enclosure(s) or attachment(s) if
any) are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with authority,
states them to be the views of MBT.

This e-mail message including attachment/(s), if any, is believed to be free of any virus.
 However, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and MBT
is not responsible for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use