From klaus.kopr...@Materna.de
Subject minimum object creation
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 15:24:20 GMT
Hello * !

I'm developing a java component which sends requests to multiple http
servers. I have the requirement that the following properties have to be
adjustable per host/port:

+ basic authentication (usr/pwd)
+ http version 1.0 or 1.1
+ proxy using
+ socket and connection timeout
+ max. connections per host

I dont want to create more objects than really needed, but I think I have to
create the following instances:

+ HttpClient per host: basic authentication (usr/pwd)
+ HostConfiguration per host: proxy using
+ HttpConnectionManager per host: socket and connection timeout, max.
connections per host
+ HttpMethod per request

Do I have to create at least these instances, or is it possible to have only
one instance of HttpClient ?
If I could set the socket and connection timeout in the HostConfiguration I
can manage with only one instance of HttpConnectionManager, but this seems
not to be possible ?

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Klaus