From Lothar Krenzien <lkrenz...@web.de>
Subject cant't get HttpClient working
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2006 14:34:59 GMT
Hi ,

I have a JUnit test in which I want to post data to a servlet which runs under tomcat 5.5.4.
I created the post like this:

HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
PostMethod method = new PostMethod(URL);
method.setRequestHeader("Content-type", "text/xml; charset=ISO-8859-1");

NameValuePair[] data = {
 new NameValuePair(DataLoggerGate.PARAM_NAME_DATATYPE, Constants.PARAM_NAME_DATATYPE_EFFICIENCY_BLOCK_DATA),
 new NameValuePair(DataLoggerGate.PARAM_NAME_LOGGER, "DL-CO101-00000")
};

method.addParameters(data);
//method.setRequestBody(data);
int statusCode = client.executeMethod(method);
String responseBody = method.getResponseBodyAsString();
System.out.println(responseBody);

But when I try to read the posted parameters in my servlet like this

 String dataType = (String)request.getParameter(PARAM_NAME_DATATYPE).trim();

I get always a NullPointerException. And when take a look at the request object in the debugger
I see that no parameters are included in the request. What I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks,
Lothar