From JYu...@aol.com
Subject Re: Problem posting login information to a website
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2006 22:36:53 GMT

In a message dated 1/31/2006 10:12:48 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
http-async@dubioso.net writes:

"Method  not allowed" almost certainly indicates you got the urlB
wrong. Check that  URL and make sure it is *exactly* what would
be sent by the browser,  including any trailing slash that could
easily be  overlooked.

I checked this and both urlA and urlB are correct.  I got them by  visiting
the website with my browser, then copying and pasting each of them into  my
standalone Java application.

urlA = "_http://www.tsp.gov/account/index.html_
(http://www.tsp.gov/account/index.html) "

urlB = "_https://tspweb2.tspsec.tsp.gov/login2.htm_
(https://tspweb2.tspsec.tsp.gov/login2.htm) "

In addition, I suspect that if urlB were wrong, my GetMethod  would not have
worked because it uses the same values for urlA and  urlB, yet it works
perfectly.

Jerry Yurow