From JYu...@aol.com
Subject Re: How do you simulate clicking on a hyperlink?
Date Sun, 29 Jan 2006 14:48:12 GMT
In a message dated 1/29/2006 5:06:43 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
http-async@dubioso.net writes:

>  Does this
> mean it is impossible to use a Java Application to get to  the "login2"
page
> and that I must use a browser?

No, it  just means you did something wrong. Please provide a better
description of  the problem and of your application.
See my last e-mail containing a screen shot of the "Security Error #5"
notice that I receive.  That e-mail also contains some things that I am  trying to
see how the server knows whether a browser has gone to the index.html  page
and reached the Logon2.htm page via a link on the index.html page or  not.
Perhaps I can gather some clues by doing this or other detective  work.

Are you  implementing
a standalone Java application? A servlet? An applet? Did you  check your
CLASSPATH settings? Do you have multiple, different versions of  HttpClient
in your CLASSPATH? Did you successfully run the tutorial in your  environment?
I am running a standalone Java application using the HttpClient class
library.  I am using HttpClient 3.0.  My CLASSPATH listing is below (I  am not using
the jCookie-0.8b in this application.)

CLASSPATH=.;c:\JavaApps\;c:\WebSiteTest\;c:\JavaApps\jCookie-0.8b\classes\;c:\
JavaApps\commons-logging-1.0.5\;c:\JavaApps\commons-httpclient-3.0\;c:\JavaApp
s\commons-codec-1.3\;c:\JavaApps\junit3.8.1\;C:\Program  Files\Jav
a\jre1.5.0_06\lib\ext\QTJava.zip