From Uwe Seimet <Uwe.Sei...@seimet.de>
Subject Re: Exception: charset may not be null or empty
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2006 17:21:01 GMT
Hello Oleg,

> This is not what I am seeing in the wire log:

I am sorry, I pasted the wrong log. I see the same (empty charset
definition) in my log as you have observed.

> The charset is wrong. So, HttpClient is correct in throwing an exception.

Yes, and I do not think that HttpClient does something wrong. What I
wonder is if there is a way to tell HttpClient to ignore this error.
Imagine someone would like to write a web browser based on HttpClient.
In contrast to other browsers like IE or Firefox the HttpClient-based
browser would be the only one not being able to display a web page with
missing charset information, because of this exception. This limits the
range of applications that can make use of HttpClient, which is a bit
sad.

Best regards,  Uwe