From "Geir Ove Skjaervik" <geiro...@online.no>
Subject MultipartFileUploadApp succeeds uploading file - but not upploaded
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 16:29:58 GMT
Hello,

I have now used days seraching the net for a solution to this problem.
Please help.

I am running Tomcat 5.5 locally on my computer under Windows XP Pro. I
am trying to upload a simple 1 line text file to the server to a
directory called "uploads" located directly under ROOT.

I am uses the Jakarta HTTPClient and the MultipartFileUploadApp example
to do this. The "uploads" directory is not username / password
protected:  I have successfully downloaded contents of files from this
directory using a simple Http Connection in a Java program.

MultipartFileUploadApp says the upload succeded, and returns the Server
(Tomcat) response which is simply Html that lists the contents of the
"uploads" directory: It does NOT contain the file I tried to uplad.
Checking the directory in the FIle Explorer confirms the file is not
there.

Is there any settings in Tomcat server.xml or web.xml for the "uploads"
directory that must be set to allow uploads ? If so which?

In your reply, please consider that I am not an expert Tomcat user !

Thanks in advance for all help !

regards

Geir Ove

Norway