From "Tony Thompson" <tony.thomp...@stone-ware.com>
Subject Re: Does (or will?) HttpClient handle compressed content ?
Date Sat, 10 Dec 2005 17:55:38 GMT
I thought I would chime in and say that I disagree.  As a user of the
HTTP library, why shouldn't I be able to tell the client to do
compression, if it can negotiate it with the server?  Then, when I grab
the content from a response, I should be able to get the uncompressed
content seamlessly.  I think it would also make sense to have the option
to get the response content in its compressed form as well.  Doing it
that way, that still leaves it totally up to the user if they even want
compression and they have access to both the compressed and uncompressed
response.  I think that makes more sense than forcing everyone to
implement compression themselves.

Just my 2 cents...
Tony

>>> thom@nowhereatall.com 12/10/05 10:42AM >>>
FWIW, I agree with you, Oleg.

httpclient-user-help@jakarta.apache.org

>For additional commands, e-mail:
httpclient-user-help@jakarta.apache.org

Thom Hehl
Heavyweight Software for Heavyweight Needs
www.heavyweightsoftware.com
--
"In every revolution, there is one man with a vision."--Jerome Bixby