From "bharathi swarajya" <ssbharath...@rediffmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Re: Does HttpClient retain connection on explicit Server termination
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2005 11:04:01 GMT
So is it that connections never be reused. I am sorry if I am repeating my question. My earlier
mails also i was asking at what stage a connection is reused by HttpClient. And does the connection
get reused. I got a reply to log the information. But when i run my coe with just two connections
even then the connections are not being reused. Could please help me in this aspect. I want
to knwo whether HttpClient ever reuses the connections, if it uses then at what stage. Thanks
in advance.

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 Oleg Kalnichevski wrote :
>On Thu, Dec 29, 2005 at 06:28:06AM -0000, bharathi  swarajya wrote:
> > But does the Jakarta HttpClient create a new connection or close of this connection.
Will the pooling concept come here.

>As I said there is no way for HttpClient to know that the connection has
>been dropped by the server. So, 'stale' connections will stay in the
>pool unless some measures are taken to evict connections from the pool
>after a certain period of inactivity
>
>Oleg

server explicitly sends a termination request, how does HttpClient behave. Does it still reuse
such kind of connections. will that be considered as a part of the pool.Could anyone help
in this.

> > >The HTTP protocol does not provide a mechanism to notify the
> > >counterpart of the fact that the connection is about to be closed. Both
> > >the client and server may close the connection at any time without prior
> > >notice
> > >
> > >Oleg

The