From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Re: Does HttpClient retain connection on explicit Server termination
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2005 10:46:53 GMT
On Thu, Dec 29, 2005 at 06:28:06AM -0000, bharathi  swarajya wrote:
> But does the Jakarta HttpClient create a new connection or close of this connection.
Will the pooling concept come here.

As I said there is no way for HttpClient to know that the connection has
been dropped by the server. So, 'stale' connections will stay in the
pool unless some measures are taken to evict connections from the pool
after a certain period of inactivity

Oleg

> On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 Oleg Kalnichevski wrote :
> >On Wed, Dec 28, 2005 at 01:17:59AM -0000, bharathi  swarajya wrote:
> > >  ?Hi
> > >
> > > I have some clarification regarding the HttpCLient mechanisam. When a server
explicitly sends a termination request, how does HttpClient behave. Does it still reuse such
kind of connections. will that be considered as a part of the pool.Could anyone help in this.