From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Multipart Post to ASP form
Date Tue, 27 Dec 2005 16:24:40 GMT
On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 12:14:23AM -0800, Catalin Kormos wrote:
> Hi there,
>
>    I have and ASP form used to upload files to the web  server, that contains an input
field of type "file"; i would like to  build an application that uses this form, so my users
don't need to go  in the browser to perform one upload at a time. Looks like anything i  do,
it doesn't work, here is a snippet of my code:

>     HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
>     PostMethod filePost = null;
>             try
>             {
>               File  targetFile = new File(System.getProperty("user.dir"),  "/images/tn_CIMG2690.JPG");
>
>                   filePost = new PostMethod("http://...");
>
>                Part[] parts = {new FilePart(targetFile.getName(),  targetFile)};

>                filePost.setRequestEntity(new MultipartRequestEntity(parts,  filePost.getParams()));
>
>                 int status = client.executeMethod(filePost);
>
>                 System.out.println(status);
>                 if (status == HttpStatus.SC_OK) {
>                    System.out.println("Upload complete, response=" +  filePost.getResponseBodyAsString());

>                 } else {
>                    System.out.println("Upload failed, response=" +  HttpStatus.getStatusText(status));

>                 }
>
>             }
>             catch (Exception exc)
>             {
>                 exc.printStackTrace();
>             }
>             finally {
>                 // release any connection resources used by the method
>                 filePost.releaseConnection();
>             }
>
>     The server responds back with OK always, but the file doesn't get uploaded.
>
>     Do you guys have a working example for this kind of use case? i'm sure  this has
to be working, maybe i'm missing something obvious?

Here's a sample app you can use as a reference

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta/commons/proper/httpclient/trunk/src/examples/MultipartFileUploadApp.java?view=markup

BTW, have you tried if this actually works with a browser?

Oleg