From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Retrying mechanism for reading from HTTPClient
Date Tue, 27 Dec 2005 16:16:08 GMT
On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 12:55:14AM -0000, bharathi  swarajya wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to have some information on how to do the following. I am planning to use
HttpClient to send a request to a system which reads from HttpClient. And then later it sends
back a response to the same client. My application might send multiple requests to the System
at the other end, I should have a mechanism of retry to read the response. So my problems
are

> 1)How to I incorporate the retry mechanism. And I dont want the application to keep on
trying to read the request. How do I do that using HttpClient. After some time the application
should get a timeout response if its not able to read the response.

See

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/exception-handling.html#Automatic%20exception%20recovery

> 2)If I send multiple requests at the same time from my application and try to read response,
how can I find out the response for the request sent. How to I need to to do it. Does HttpClient
internally handle it or do I need to do it at a code level.

HttpClient handles that internally

Hope this helps

Oleg