From "bharathi swarajya" <ssbharath...@rediffmail.com>
Subject Retrying mechanism for reading from HTTPClient
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 00:55:14 GMT
Hi,

I would like to have some information on how to do the following. I am planning to use HttpClient
to send a request to a system which reads from HttpClient. And then later it sends back a
response to the same client. My application might send multiple requests to the System at
the other end, I should have a mechanism of retry to read the response. So my problems are

1)How to I incorporate the retry mechanism. And I dont want the application to keep on trying
to read the request. How do I do that using HttpClient. After some time the application should
get a timeout response if its not able to read the response.

2)If I send multiple requests at the same time from my application and try to read response,
how can I find out the response for the request sent. How to I need to to do it. Does HttpClient
internally handle it or do I need to do it at a code level.

Could any one help me in this regard. Just let me know if any other method is there to do
this.

Thanks & Regards
S.S. Bharathi