From "Wang, Michael (Matrix)" <Michael.W...@ichotelsgroup.com>
Subject RE: enable active script.
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2005 19:50:33 GMT
Hi Roland

Thank you for the information.
I only have few hours experience of httpclient.

Right now, I know what httpclient could not do.
I think I will parsing the html to get the url and do the redirect by my own
instead of Javascript.

Thanks again.

--Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Roland Weber [mailto:http-async@dubioso.net]
Sent: Wednesday, December 28, 2005 2:22 PM
To: HttpClient User Discussion
Subject: Re: enable active script.

Hello Michael,

> How can I enable active scripting in httpclient to simulate the action in
> IE.

You can't.

HttpClient is *not* a browser. It does not have an HTML render engine. It
does not detect or in any way support applets, ActiveX controls, JavaScript,
or anything else that somebody may have coded into an HTML page. It does
not persistently store cookies. It does not manage trusted sites. It does
nothing of that sort.

HttpClient exclusively supports fetching documents - like HTML pages, GIFs,
XML files, etc. - from servers and posting (form) contents. Interpreting
the documents you get is completely up to your application.

cheers,
  Roland