From Benjamin Janes <Benjamin.Ja...@se.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Proxy Authentication
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2005 17:44:30 GMT
Yes

It works with for  proxy without authentication

Med vänliga hälsningar/Best regards
Benjamin Janes
System Development
IBM Sverige AB
V. Varvsgatan 19, 211 19 Malmö

Cell Phone no.: +46 (0)707 93 62 89
e-mail: benjamin.janes@se.ibm.com

             Oleg Kalnichevski
             <olegk@apache.org
                                       httpclient-user@jakarta.apache.org

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: Proxy Authentication
             "HttpClient User
                Discussion"

On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 08:46:03AM +0100, Benjamin Janes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a site i want to reach
>
> www.mysite.com/index.html
>
> a proxy
> proxy.acompany.com
> and port
> 8080
>
> and proxy username and pwd
> proxyUser & proxyPwd
>

> how do I set the proxy username / pwd, namlely what is the realm? and and
> what do I enter in [[WHAT GOES HERE]],
>         myState = new HttpState();
>         myState.setCookiePolicy(CookiePolicy.RFC2109);
>                 UsernamePasswordCredentials upc = new
> UsernamePasswordCredentials(proxyUser ,proxyPwd);
>                 myState.setProxyCredentials([[WHAT GOES
> HERE]],"proxy.acompany.com",upc);
>         myClient.setState(myState);
>

> I have it working for prxies without authentication....

You do set up proxy in the host config, don't you?

myClient.getHostConfiguration().setProxy(...);

Oleg