hc-httpclient-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Karl Ostendorf <karl.ostend...@t-fs.de>
Subject Re: Problems accessing MapPoint web service after upgrading to 3.0 RC4
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2005 10:24:38 GMT
Hello Oleg,

Attached you will find two wire protocols, one using 3.0 RC3 where the call is successful
and one using 3.0 RC4 where it fails.

Karl

--
T-FS

Karl Ostendorf
Friedrichstr. 30
49610 Quakenbr├╝ck

Mail: karl.ostendorf@t-fs.de
Fon: +49 5431 941215



Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 17:27 +0100, Karl Ostendorf wrote:
> 
>>Hello,
>>
>>Our Axis 1.3 SOAP application to access Microsoft's Mappoint web services stopped
working after switching to http-client v3RC4 from v3RC3.  Specifically we started receiving
401 (Unauthorized) responses under RC4 where in RC3 it just worked.  After some debugging
I traced the problem down to the HttpMethodDirector.promptForCredentials method lines 856-857.
 Under RC4 the call to params.getParameter to get the CredentialsProvider returns a null while
under RC3 it returns a valid CredentialsProvider.
>>
>>The java code to access the MapPoint services we generated from the MapPoint WSDL
file using WSDL2Java from the Axis 1.3 package.  MapPoint authenticates clients via the DIGEST
method and because the built-in Axis web client doesn't support DIGEST we followed the documentation
and configured Axis to use the commons http-client.  Additionally, we are accessing the service
via SSL on the staging servers.
>>
>>
>>I have included the code to reproduce the problem below.  If any http-client developer
would like to tackle this problem please contact me.  I might be able to supply the login
credentials to our account in order to spare someone from having to create a new account and
uploading the necessary polygon data to the servers.
>>
> 
> 
> Karl,
> 
> Please send me the wire log [1] generated with 3.0rc4 that exhibits the
> problem and with 3.0rc4 that does not
> 
> Oleg
> 
> [1] http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/logging.html
> 
> 
> 
>>The code below retrieves a URL for a polygon on the servers.
>>
>>
>>  public String getUrl(int entityId) throws MalformedURLException,
>>      javax.xml.rpc.ServiceException, RemoteException {
>>
>>    log.info("EntityID: " + entityId);
>>
>>    FindServiceLocator flocator = new FindServiceLocator();
>>    FindServiceSoap_PortType finder = flocator.getFindServiceSoap();
>>    ((FindServiceSoap_BindingStub) finder).setUsername(this.username);
>>    ((FindServiceSoap_BindingStub) finder).setPassword(this.password);
>>
>>    // location
>>    FindFilter filter = new FindFilter();
>>    filter.setEntityTypeName(ENTITY_TYPE);
>>    FindByIDSpecification spec = new FindByIDSpecification();
>>    spec.setDataSourceName(DS_POLYGONS);
>>    spec.setEntityIDs(new int[] { entityId });
>>    spec.setFilter(filter);
>>
>>    FindResults found = finder.findByID(spec);
>>
>>  }
>>
> 
> 

Mime
View raw message