From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems accessing MapPoint web service after upgrading to 3.0 RC4
Date Sun, 20 Nov 2005 14:31:37 GMT
> On Sat, 2005-11-19 at 18:50 +0000, sebb wrote:
> > > I respectfully disagree. In the HTTP spec quote marks are always
> > > designated as <">. See request-digest in the example above
> >
> > I can't find qop-value defined anywhere as a quoted string, but nor
> > can I find it defined as a non-quoted string.
> >
> > But why does the RFC use the unq() function on qop-value unless it is
> > a quoted string?
> >
> > There are some other examples of the use of unq() - e.g. realm-value -
> > in each case all of the operands are defined as being quoted strings.
> >

> All right. This is how it goes

[snip]

> Hope this makes things clearer

Indeed it does, thanks very much - sorry to put you to the trouble.
Dunno how I missed the example...

Why the RFC uses unq() on qop-value is a mystery - the only purpose
seems to be to confuse readers ;-)

It will be interesting to find out what combination of quotes is
accepted by the Map Point service ... if it turns out that quite a few
servers insist on quotes, then it might be worth making this an
option.

> Cheers,

Thanks for your patience.

S.