From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Only speaking HTTP 1.1
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2005 15:48:02 GMT
On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 10:22:02AM -0500, Rob Manning wrote:

> I'd like to be able to tell HttpClient to only speak HTTP/1.1 with the
> server and
> throw an Exception if the server doesn't support this.  I see in the
> preferences
> api document
> (http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/preference-api.html)
> where I can set the default protocol to use via the HTTP method parameter
> called "http.protocol.version".  However, I suspect this will only
> "prefer" HTTP/1.1
> and not "prevent" speaking HTTP/1.0.  Anyone have any ideas about how I
> would achieve this?

Rob,

Just override the HttpMethodBase#readStatusLine(HttpState,
HttpConnection) method and throw an exception if the effective protocol
version is set to HttpVersion.HTTP_1_0

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/xref/org/apache/commons/httpclient/HttpMethodBase.html#1821

Hope this helps

Oleg