From Loïc Péron <loic.pe...@bigfoot.com>
Subject Multipart Post Chunked
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2005 15:51:58 GMT
Hi,

I investigate the ability to upload unknown length data to a HTTP
server using multipart/form-data POST.

It seems, after a quick look, that the necessary code is in place in
3.0 for chunked POSTs, but that MultipartEntity does not allow for
unknown length Parts.

Can it be implemented in as a simple way as if any Part.length==-1,
then MultipartEntity.length==-1, causing the POST to be chunked? Is
there anything more I overlooked, apart from implementing my own Part?

My use case can be reduced to: build a zip and upload to a server
using form-data POST,
zip containing application data, eventually the whole contents of a
DVD. I dont want to need to build the zip on local storage to be able
to POST it.

--
Loïc Péron

phone:(33) 683 880 177