From Roland Weber <ROLWE...@de.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Java plugin 1.4.2 Cookie support URLConnection vs HttpClient
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 05:53:09 GMT
Hi Alvin,

> As I understood Java plugin supports Cookie support for URLConnection as
> shown here.
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/plugin/developer_guide/cookie_
> support.html
>
> As there any way in htttpclient to use this option?

To make it short: No. HttpClient does in no way interact with the
Java Plug-in. You have to establish a new session with the server.
Maybe you can use some JavaScript to pass the required parameters
to the applet, for example the session cookie.
You did not mention where the UnauthorizedException occurs. If it
is on the server, the missing session cookie might be the reason.
If it happens on the client, the reason is the security model in
the browser environment. You have to sign the applet and the JARs
that hold HttpClient to permit some of the things HttpClient does
when initializing or opening a connection.

hope that helps,
  Roland