From Steven Terrell <Steven.Terr...@guideworkstv.com>
Subject Socket management
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2005 17:33:33 GMT
I am using HttpClient 3.0 RC3 to talk to a servlet on Tomcat (5.5.9 I
think.) My application is using the MultiThreadedConnectionManager. There is
a 5 second timeout for each request made to Tomcat. My code calls
PostMethod.releaseConnection in the finally clause, as the examples do. I am
interested in understanding what happens with the socket (client and server
side) when that timeout value is reached. Particularly, what happens if the
Tomcat servlet still tries to send a response even though I have timed out?

If there is a good link I can follow to answer this question, please post
it! Thanks,

Steve Terrell