From Roland Weber <ROLWE...@de.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Excel download question
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2005 05:28:36 GMT
Hi Keith,

don't forget to cast the 'excel' int down to a byte
before writing it to the output stream. I second
Mike's suggestion to read a bunch of bytes into
an array and write them out all at once.

cheers,
  Roland

Michael Becke <mbecke@gmail.com>
15.09.2005 04:13
Please respond to
"HttpClient User Discussion"

HttpClient User Discussion <httpclient-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Excel download question

Hi Keith,

This is because you are reading binary bytes from the HTTP response
and writing them as text integers to a PrintWriter.  You'll want to
use getOutputStream() instead of getWriter().  I also suggest
reading/writing more than one byte at a time.

Mike