From Roland Weber <ROLWE...@de.ibm.com>
Subject RE: ExceptionInInitializerError Error as soon as I Run
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 08:44:23 GMT
Hi Graeme,

> Although for future reference is it not possible to make java read the
.jar
> files in the classpath directory so I don't need to add them each time
> the classpath?

Personally, I'm using initialization scripts to set the CLASSPATH variable
according to the project on which I'm working. I don't know whether Java
will automatically scan for JAR files if you append the directory. You
should check the JDK documentation for that.

It is possible to copy JAR files to the lib directories of the JRE, but I
recommend not to do that. They could end up in different class loaders
than
expected, which creates all kinds of problems especially with
commons-logging.

cheers,
  Roland