From "Kadlabalu, Hareesh" <hareesh.kadlab...@fatwire.com>
Subject self signed certificate and IBM JDK: please help
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2005 15:53:20 GMT
Hi,

Thanks to the authors of EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory, I am able to work
with SSL from Sun JDK connecting to a server hosting self signed
certificate. However I need to use JBM JDK (1.4) as well.

I attempted to port EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory to IBM JDK but IBM JDK
seems to have deprecated classes that correspond to Sun's classes. Some
signatures are quite different; besides I am not very familiar with
com.ibm.net.ssl classes that is making it hard for me to make progress.

If anyone can help me with a copy of EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory built for
IBM JDK or tips on how to go about building one, that would be great help.
Your advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks

-Hareesh

(I know this is not officially part of HttpClient but I am hoping that
someone in the group has run into this and solved it.)