From "Graeme" <coolki...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: ExceptionInInitializerError Error as soon as I Run
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 07:29:06 GMT
Thank you Roland,

After reading what you had sent me I realized that I had been downloading
the wrong files. I was download the source files not the Binary files,
therefore I did not see any .jar files so I tried extracting them and
putting all the files in the folders.

Now that I have the right binary files and extracted just the .jar files
then set the classpath to include those 3 .jar files I was able to run the
program successfully.

Although for future reference is it not possible to make java read the .jar
files in the classpath directory so I don't need to add them each time to
the classpath?

But in the meantime,
Thank you very much for helping me with this.

-----Original Message-----
From: Roland Weber [mailto:ROLWEBER@de.ibm.com]
Sent: 12 September 2005 07:56
To: HttpClient User Discussion
Subject: RE: ExceptionInInitializerError Error as soon as I Run

Hi Graeme,

> Thanks for that
> I take it I am right in putting the commons-logging here:
> C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_04\classpath\org\apache\commons\logging
> Is that's how its suppose to look like. In the Logging folder are files
like
> LogConfigurationException and LogFactory for example and the folder impl

No, that is most likely wrong. The org/apache/commons/logging package
prefix
is defined in the JAR file. Putting a file into the classpath usually
means
defining the CLASSPATH environment variable to include the file:

setenv CLASSPATH x:\Projects\MyProject\lib\commons-logging.jar

Likewise for the other dependency required at runtime:

setenv CLASSPATH
x:\Projects\MyProject\lib\commons-logging.jar;x:\Projects\MyProject\lib\comm
ons-codec.jar

> I don't quite understand the configuring. Since the Tutorial doesn't go
into
> that so I am not entirely sure what I am suppose to do I am not even
sure
> what file I am suppose to edit in the common-logging.

You can forget about configuring right now. Once you fixed your classpath
issues, HttpClient should work with a reasonable default configuration.

hope that helps,
  Roland