From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Connection level timeout settings
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2005 15:03:35 GMT
On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 08:12:56PM +0530, Questioner Guy wrote:
> Thanks for the reply Roland, Oleg!!
>  I'll try all three approaches Host Configuration/ Connection Manager and/or
> custom protocol factory approaches and let you know if I am able to fix the
> problem.
>  The problem is that when I get the first timeout exception, I need to be
> able to identify the current request being handled reliably to the
> Connection Manager/Protocol Factory so that they can reset the timeout on
> the right socket.

Wait a minute. Are you talking about a connection timeout or a socket
read timeout?

Do you know a way to identify the request/socket
> combination reliably?

HttpClient does not provide a direct access to the underlying sockets (for
all sorts of reasons). Probably what you are interested in is the
relationship between an HttpMethod and its HostConfiguration. The
connection manager will create a new connection or obtain an existing one
from the pool based on the given HostConfiguration. Each individual host
configuration can have a different socket timeout value, which will
override that set on the HttpClient level

Hope this helps

Oleg

I may have more than one request to the same host