From Peter Luttrell <Peter_Luttr...@mgic.com>
Subject Re: v3 Documentation
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 18:26:02 GMT
Cool, so all of the docs are out there. I was thrown by the fact that there
is a link called "HttpClient 2.0", which appears to change what version of
the documentation you're viewing.

As far as the archives link, when you click on the archives link on the
page below, you go to a listing of a bunch of different list archives.
Yesterday I couldn't find httpclient lists, but today I can. - must have
been user error...

Thanks for the info.

-peter

             Oleg Kalnichevski
             <olegk@apache.org
                                       httpclient-user@jakarta.apache.org
             08/16/2005 10:54                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: v3 Documentation
             Please respond to
             "HttpClient User
                Discussion"
             <httpclient-user@
             jakarta.apache.or
                    g>

On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 10:42:21AM -0500, Peter Luttrell wrote:
> Is there a source for any v3 documentation?

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta/commons/proper/httpclient/trunk/xdocs/

I have checked the release

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta/commons/proper/httpclient/trunk/API_CHANGES_3_0.txt?view=markup
,
>  but have the additional questions:
>
> Are there any changes to the timeout configuration?

The way HttpClient can be configured has changed completely:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/preference-api.html

> Are there any changes to the authentication configuration?

Yes

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/authentication.html

> Are there any changes to the SSL support or configuration?

No significant changes I could think of

> PostMethod.setRequestBody has been deprecated. What should be used
instead?

PostMethod#setRequestEntity

> Also the archives link on this page is dead:
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/mail-lists.html

Seems to work for me