From Keith Campbell <keithcampb...@mac.com>
Subject multiple instances of httpclient
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2005 22:59:45 GMT
Hi all,

A quick question for the list please. I've been struggling with this
for a couple of days now w/o much success.

I have a servlet which is used to send requests (using HttpClient) to
another web application where:

1) each user must login -- each user logs in using GET by passing a
user id as a parameter
2) each user's session must be persistent
3) multiple users will be using the application and each must
maintain a unique session

To do this, I've been trying to instantiate HttpClient, in my
servlet, once per user session. And I'd like to be able to store/
retrieve this instance in the user session. But HttpClient is not
serializable ....

How do I accomplish this functionality?

Thanks in advance,
Keith Campbell