From Glenn Murray <gmur...@mines.edu>
Subject Re: HttpClient() throws ExceptionInInitializerError in JUnit swingui
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 18:30:29 GMT
On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, Roland Weber wrote:
> Hi Glenn, ... It seems that the Swing version of the JUnit
> TestRunner somehow loads it's own copy of commons-logging.

Hi Roland,

Thanks for the reply, it did help, you are right.  I found
the following message:

http://www.mail-archive.com/commons-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg02958.html

which indicates a swingui classloader interaction problem
and a work-around:

Solution: Disable "Reload classes every run" or start JUnit
with command line option -noloading before the name of the
Testsuite.

This was two years ago;  I wonder if a fix has been made.
Reloading the classes every run is an essential feature of
JUnit for me.

Cheers,
Glenn