From Jon.Andr...@eu.nabgroup.com
Subject RE: [HttpClient] Trying To Connect SSL
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2005 08:08:25 GMT
What type of certificate is it? a versign type 3 for example or a thwaite
cert? You can cehck this by saving the cert offered to you when you browse
to the URL in question in a web browser - in IE double click the padlock
at bottom... then view and see if it is a "common"certificate supplied by
one of the typical vendors (thwaite, verisign etc as earlier). If standard
cert, then this is probably shipped with the runtime that you are using...
it will be in the "cacerts" file, can't remember of the top of my head
where it is. The problem you got is that you got the certificate in the
cacert key store, but it is old and/or doen't match that which is
presented by the service your client is trying to connect to. You will
have to remove the outdated cert and replace with the one which is now
being presented to you. By doing this you are basically telling the
cacerts key store that you implicitly trust this cert prior to SLL
connect.

I also believe (if you are using WAS) that there is patch to bring the
cacerts keys up to date as the ones shipped with base install expired in
March or sometime ago, can't remember.
I had the same issue, and once I updated the certificate in question inthe
key store, everything started to work again.

on my windoze PC, the cacerts I am using is @ C:\Program
Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_05\lib\security

Hope this helps.
Jon

"Bashiro" <bashiro@enter.vg>
16/07/2005 09:12
Please respond to "HttpClient User Discussion"