From Roland Weber <ROLWE...@de.ibm.com>
Subject Re: CircularRedirectException
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2005 13:11:43 GMT
Hi Marcelo,

disable redirects by calling HttpMethod.setFollowRedirects(false).

There is no need to change the date of a cookie. Cookies without
a date are supposed to live as long as the browser/client session,
which is exactly what's happening with HttpClient.

hope that helps,
  Roland

"Marcelo Chryssovergis" <marcelodc@iea.org.br>
26.07.2005 09:50
Please respond to
"HttpClient User Discussion"

"'HttpClient User Discussion'" <httpclient-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
CircularRedirectException

Hello my friends

I´m trying to log in to a site that uses both cookies AND session control.

Here what am I doing:

I enter the site
Get the cookies
Send the cookies back (with the date changed, from null to a valid date)
Do the login (with PostMethod)

At this moment, I verify if I have to logoff the oppened session left
behind. And almost aways I have this connection open. When I send the url
responsible to execute de logoff (with GetMethod), I get an exception:

org.apache.commons.httpclient.CircularRedirectException: Circular redirect
to 'http://www.siteI´mWorking.com:80/'

How can I fix it??

I guess I have to log off then log in again, because de session is pendent
at the server..

Thanks a lot!

Marcelo